Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Tip For Making Apple Pies Easier

A Tip For Making Thanksgiving Apple Pies Easier
Making Thanksgiving dinner can be a very busy time. I usually take a whole day to cook all of my pies and goodies for our Thanksgiving deserts. I am always trying to think of ways to make cooking for Thanksgiving dinner easier. This is a simple tip that can help make your baking day go faster and easier. 

It is apple season so I thought it would be the perfect time to share this tip. My hubby brought home some awesomely yummy apples so lets get started. :)

The first thing that I do is peel and core my apples. I follow my favorite apple pie recipe and mix all the ingredients for 1 apple pie into a bowl.

For the next step I use a 1 gallon Ziploc freezer bag. 

I open the freezer bag and lay it inside of the pan that I usually use for baking my apple pies. Like this.

Now I fill the bag with my apple pie filling.

I press the air out and then zip up the bag.

Now I take my apple filling AND pan and put them in the freezer. Make sure they are set in the freezer so they do not tip while they freeze.

After your apples are frozen you can take the pans out and you can tuck your frozen apple pie filling anywhere in your freezer to save room.

On the day that you want to bake your apple pies, all you have to do is take the filling out and place it inside of the crust. Simple. You can also make your crust ahead of time and freeze that also. 
It is amazing how much time this saves me.
I hope this tip helps make your life easier.
Thank you so much for visiting our blog.
Have a beautiful day!! 

EASYMEWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE:


EASYMEWORLD CHANNEL: 
    

2 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome ! I have been dieing for your apple pie recipe ... can you please share it ???? Joe said your apple pie was the best he has ever had :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secret to great apple pie is adding extra spices and lots of love. I can give you my recipe but I tweak it so much that I might as well not even use it. lol I really only look at my recipe to make sure I get everything in it. I will send it to you and you can follow your heart to make the perfect apple pie at your house too. hehe :) Just remember to add extra spices and love. It will be superb.

    ReplyDelete